The Université de Montréal is an internationally renowned French-language institution. This English web portal has only the most frequently consulted pages from our French site. Please refer to our French website for up-to-date news.
Master's in Bioinformatics
The Master's in Bioinformatics program will allow you to shape the future of this exciting multi-disciplinary field that combines computer science and biology.
Two study options are currently offered:
- With the research option, you will learn how to carry out independent research and write a thesis.
- With the internship option, you will have a chance to familiarize yourself with the demands of industry and report your findings in a final project report.
This program is also intended to train experts capable of integrating knowledge from biology and computer science to meet needs in a number of important up-and-coming technological sectors involving:
Questions about this program?
- All about this program
- Find a thesis supervisor
- Financial assistance
- Form for designating a thesis supervisor
- Job outlook for graduates in this discipline
The advantages of studying bioinformatics at the Université de Montréal!
- Students are exposed to state-of-the-art equipment: automated sequencers, PCRs, spectrophotometers, ultracentrifuges, protein and DNA electrophoresis systems, etc.
- The combined know-how of our bioinformatics experts is aligned to meet the growing demand for highly trained graduates with a background in biology and computer science.
- The Université de Montréal ranks 42nd in the world in operations research according to the QS Rankings and 81st in the world in computer science according to the NTU Rankings.