The Université de Montréal is an internationally renowned French-language institution. This English web portal has only the most frequently consulted pages from our French site. Please refer to our French website for up-to-date news.
Master's in Mathematical and Computational Finance
The Master's in Mathematical and Computational Finance will provide you with a solid foundation in financial theory and mathematical, statistical and computing methods as they apply to finance.
The goal of this program is to train the next generation of experts capable of applying quantitative methods to financial problems, addressing problems in several different areas and industries including:
- Financial institutions
- Data analytics for pension fund management
- Corporate financial planning
- Governmental planning
The program is offered jointly by the Department of Mathematics and Statistics (DMS), the Department of Computer Science and Operations Research (DIRO), and the Department of Economics.
Questions about this program?
Manuel Morales, Associate Professor: 514 343-6697
- All about this program (in French)
- Find a thesis supervisor
- Financial assistance
- Job outlook for graduates in this discipline
The advantages of studying mathematical and computational finance at the UdeM!
- The opportunity to undertake a business internship or an independent project under the supervision of a professor or world-renowned researcher.
- The program draws on the Department’s strengths in stochastic and numerical methods applied to financial markets.
- This program will provide you with a concrete background in financial instruments and risk management tools, ideally suited for the realities of today's fast-paced market.
- UdeM is among the top 100 universities in the world in operations research (QS), economics (US News and Shanghai Rankings), mathematics (QS), computer science (NTU), as well as accounting and finance (QS).