The Université de Montréal is an internationally renowned French-language institution. This English web portal has only the most frequently consulted pages from our French site. Please refer to our French website for up-to-date news.
PhD in Bioinformatics
Recent and rapid developments in genomics have highlighted the crucial importance of developing new approaches and analytical methods to explore the huge quantities of readily available biological data.
Doctoral studies introduce students to current research issues. Most of the program is spent conducting research writing a thesis to advance bioinformatics.
Questions about this program?
- All about this program (in French)
- Find a thesis supervisor
- Financial assistance
- Job outlook for graduates in this discipline
The advantages of studying bioinformatics at the Université de Montréal!
- You will contribute to the state of the art in bioinformatics, working alongside world leaders in the field, and culminating in the writing of a comprehensive thesis of your findings.
- You will join a tightly-knit community of international experts in a field that uniquely draws upon the areas of biology and computer science.
- The Université de Montréal ranks 42nd in the world in operations research according to the QS Rankings and 81st in the world in computer science according to the NTU Rankings.